Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose is one kind of cellulose ether (cellulose derivatives), it is widely used in food, detergent, mining, ceramic, oil drilling and paper making industries. The market demand is huge and called “Industrial Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)”.
Let’s introduce some methods to dissolve Sodium CMC in industry.
1. Dissolve in hot water: The temperature of hot water is about 20-40℃, Sodium CMC can be uniformly dispersed in hot water and it will dissolve faster after stirring;
2. Powder materials mixed: Mizodium CMC with other powder materials (like: Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum and pectin, etc) uniformly firstly, and pour water into the mixed materials along with stirring. It won’t get together during dissolving progress.
3. Organic solvent wetting method: Use organic solvent (like ethanol) to dissolve or wet Sodium CMC firstly and dissolve it with water. This method is widely used in industry.
4. Granular Sodium CMC: Make the powder Sodium CMC into coarse/granular appearance, there will be less dust and dissolve fast. Meantime, it will bring less risk for workers and production environment.
5. Instant Sodium CMC: technical grade Sodium CMC can add dispersant to help dissolve, it can dissolve within 10mins, it can reduce production time and cost. Mostly instant Sodium CMC used in liquid detergent, like: industrial detergent for floor and car washing etc.
Different types Sodium CMC has little difference during dissolving. Choosing the correct type CMC and dissolving method can help you save much time and cost.
Besides, if you want to know more about Sodium CMC, like dosage, quality difference and usage method, welcome to contact SINOCMC freely. SINOCMC is a professional supplier of high viscosity CMC, granular Sodium CMC, powder Sodium CMC and instant Sodium CMC.