Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, often shortened as Sodium CMC or CMC, can be used as thickener, stabilizer, adhesive and plasticizer in soap manufacturing.
Below are some of the advantages of CMC used in soaps:
2. CMC helps to achieve the ideal effect when washing cotton fabric, especially in hard water with high alkalinity. The cotton fabric becomes soft and comfortable after washing.
3. CMC can also enhance the strength of clothing fiber, making the fabric mechanism more tight and firm, thus greatly improving the washing effect.
4. CMC can reduce irritation to the skin so that it helps to protect our hands.
5. CMC has the properties of protective colloid. In the washing process, it produces anions that can simultaneously make the surface of the washed object and the dirt particles negatively charged. Therefore, it can prevent the dirt from being reattached to the washed object again, and keep the whiteness of the white fabric and the brightness of colored fabric.
6. CMC can also make the soap material soft and easy to be pressed. Besides, CMC is a good emulsifier, which helps to make the spices and dyes evenly distributed in soaps.
The method of using CMC in soaps is to prepare the CMC pulp in transparent gum form for one to two days. Then the thick paste can be put in the blender with spices and dyes. After that, it is mixed with dry soap flakes and pressed to the ideal shapes. If the soap flakes are crisp or with high salt content, the CMC dosage should be added more. However, excessive use of CMC can make soap material too wet to be pressed, and the soaps are easy to be affected and soften with moisture.
If you would like to get more information about CMC used in soap manufacturing, please feel free to contact SINOCMC team.