Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose is one kind of cellulose ether which is a good thickener and emulsifier. It can absorb water easily when exposed in the air. How to extend shelf life after you receive & open the bags ? Let’s discuss and advise here.
Normally, The shelf life of food grade CMC is two years, and it is three years for one kind of technical grade CMC. For high purity and viscosity CMC, it is packed in kraft paper bag with PE bags inside. For lower viscosity and purity Sodium CMC (like: powder detergent grade CMC 55%), it is packed in PP woven bag with PE bags inside. According to CMC characteristics, we suggest the suitable storage condition as below:
1. Store in a cool, dry, clean, ventilated environment. Temperature Max. 40℃, with a relative humidity ≤80%.
2. Pharmaceutical and food grade should not be put together with toxic substance and harmful substance or substance with peculiar smell during transportation and storage.
3. Make sure product doesn’t get wet, or package damage during transportation.
4. Use out ASAP after opening, empty the air and seal inner bag tightly if you can’t use out in one time.
5. Equip the warehouse with insecticidal lamp , moisture meter and temperature meter etc. Meantime, record the data in time and adjust condition once it’s out of control.
6. If you can’t use out within 2 years, you may collect 100-200g CMC sample from your cargo and send us for testing again so that we could give you the answer.
Finally, we suggest you to choose suitable bags according to your dosage, such as: 15kg, 25kg, 50kg, 500kg and 750kg jumbo bag etc. SINOCMC can provide powder, granular and fibre powder Sodium CMC packed in different bags. Please contact us freely if you have any demand.