Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose(SCMC) is one kind of cellulose derivatives and hydrocolloids which can be widely used in food, detergent, paper making, oil drilling and mining industries etc. Many customers concerned Sodium CMC solubility issue, we would like to briefly introduce here.
Sodium CMC can be dissolved both in cold water and hot water at any temperature, because of its strong hygroscopic characteristics, CMC hydrates fast after exposure in the air. But different appearance, temperature and viscosity cause different solubility rate.
- Normally, we dissolve Sodium CMC at room temperature 25℃ in laboratory and tested viscosity by Brookfield viscometer.
- Granular(coarse) Sodium CMC agglomerate slowly in water, so it can be easily stirred and dissolved compared with powder CMC. Besides, Granular(coarse) Sodium CMC has less dust which can bring less harm to the workers and production environment.
- Low viscosity and low purity Sodium CMC dissolved faster compared with high viscosity and high purity CMC, eg: CMC FH300 dissolved faster than CMC FH2000, CMC FH3000 dissolved faster than CMC FH6000.
- Mix all solid materials together with Sodium CMC firstly, then pour the mixed materials into water slowly and stir quickly, and it can speed up solubility rate.
- For industrial grade Sodium CMC, we can produce disperable type CMC as per your production requests. Dispersing grade Sodium CMC can be dissolved within 20mins which can much shorten production time and improve productivity.
Various types of Sodium CMC(granular CMC, powder CMC, dispersing grade CMC, ultra low viscosity CMC) can be provided by us. If you have any question about our products, please contact SINOCMC freely.