Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) has been widely used in many industries because of its excellent characteristics. It has become a more and more important material in construction industry. Below we share some of the applications of CMC in construction industry for your reference.
- Cement mortar: CMC can improve the dispersity of cement and sand, greatly improve the plasticity and water retention of mortar, effectively prevent cracks and enhance the strength of cement.
- Ceramic tile cement: CMC can improve the plasticity and water retention of pressed ceramic tile mortar, improve the bond stress of ceramic tile and prevent pulverization.
- Stucco: CMC can act as a substitute for natural paste. It can improve water retention and improve the bond stress to the base.
- Fiber wall: CMC can act as a binder for sand wall and has great anti-mildew and anti-bacterial effects.
- Emulsion putty: CMC can improve the fluidity and water retention of resin emulsion based putty.
- Asbestos and other fire-resistant coatings: CMC can act as a suspension agent, improving fluidity and bond stress to the base.
- Gypsum concrete pulp: CMC can improve water retention and processability.
- Paint: CMC can act as a plasticizer for latex paint. It can improve the operating performance and fluidity of paint and putty powder.
- Cement and gypsum secondary products: CMC can act as press molding binder for cement and asbestos, improve the fluidity so that we can get uniform molding products.
- Joint cement: CMC can be added to the joint cement used in gypsum board to improve fluidity and water retention.
It should also be noted that CMC with high viscosity and high degree of substitution is suitable for slurry of small density, while CMC with low viscosity and high degree of substitution is suitable for slurry of large density.
If you would like to get more information about construction grade CMC, please feel free to contact us.